Withings Steel HR smart watch to launch heart rate sensor
Withings is a French consumer electronics company known for high technology products connected health devices such as wifi scale, FDA-cleared blood pressure monitor as well as automatic activity tracking watches, Withings pulse, etc. And recently, the company has revealed that it is going to launch a heart rate watch called Withings Steel HR.
Withings Steel HR smart watch and its special features
The Steel HR provides functionality much like a modern activity tracker, and the corresponding Withings Health Mate app (Android and iOS) lets users review workout stats to see how their heart rate fluctuates over time, as well as providing data on calories burned. The watch is able to recognize different workout types based on detected motion – and that even includes swimming, thanks to the Steel HR's water-resistant construction.
Like other activity trackers, it will help keep a track of distance covered, the steps taken, and calories burnt, apart from monitoring your sleep patterns. The heart rate sensor will help automatically activate tracking whenever a user begins running, and also helps makes activity tracking more comprehensive by being able to separate running from walking for example. The low-power monochrome screen can provide standard watch info like displaying the date, but also provides a window into information transmitted from your phone, as well as activity data collected by the watch's sensors.
The Steel HR connects to its companion mobile application via Bluetooth in order to transfer the monitored data. The smartwatch not only provides you notifications regarding text messages, calls and emails but also has a vibrating alarm to ensure that you are reminded of your important meetings.
Withing Steel HR aesthetic
The Withing Steel HR is a wearable that looks first and foremost like a traditional wristwatch, its face dominated by analog hands. Withings manages to squeeze in a tiny screen to help it convey information to the user. Even that screen doesn't immediately make the Steel HR stand out as a connected wearable, as its circular design blends relatively seamlessly with the rest of the watch's aesthetic.
Withings Steel HR smart watch colors
Withings Steel HR smart watch battery life
Withings claims that Steel HR's battery can last up to 25 days on a single charge. Steel HR is water resistant up to 50-metres and therefore won't make you sweat while going near the pool. As per the company the smartwatch activates as soon as you run and as it takes the measure of your heart rate for the entire day, it is able to provide a more holistic view of your health situation.
Although the company has not revealed when exactly the watch will be made available, it is expected to be sold by its own site from early October.
The 36mm model of the watch will be priced at $179.95 (roughly Rs. 11,950) and the 40mm option will retail for $199.95 (roughly Rs. 13,300)!
Check out to get more interesting information about different life aspects through our collection of random fact of the day.
- A new Facebook feature helps US citizens to opt their next president (Tuesday, 01/11/2016 11:11)
- Top 12 mind-blowing facts about Apple MacBook (Wednesday, 26/10/2016 11:10)
- An amazing source of unknown Android facts – Tech facts (Tuesday, 18/10/2016 05:10)
- Samsung facts: Top 10 mind blowing facts you didn’t know before (Monday, 10/10/2016 11:10)
- Amazing Facts about Apple Will Make You Surprised (Saturday, 08/10/2016 11:10)
- Things you should know about Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone recall (Tuesday, 13/09/2016 11:09)
- Facebook algorithm posted fake 9 11, September 11 attack stories (Saturday, 10/09/2016 01:09)
- How to clean computer and laptop screen - Technology and life hacks (Wednesday, 03/08/2016 02:08)
- How to check Windows version - What version of Windows do I have (Wednesday, 14/09/2016 09:09)
- The Best Small Cruise Ship Lines You Might Not Know (Wednesday, 18/05/2016 05:05)