Who invented the computer mouse, mouse for computer? Questions and answers
A computer mouse is defined as a pointing device (hand control) that detects two-dimensional motion relative to a surface. This motion is typically translated into the motion of a pointer on a display, which allows a smooth control of the graphical user interface.
Physically, a computer mouse consists of an object held in one's hand, with one or more buttons. Mice often also feature other elements, such as touch surfaces and "wheels", which enable additional control and dimensional input.
So who invented the computer mouse? Just keeping reading to find out the answer and know more about mouse for computer, computer mouses, pc mouse, computer mice. Technology facts
Who invented the computer mouse, mouse for computer? Technology questions and answers
Funny pictures - Computer mouses, mouse for computer
The computer mouse as we know it today was invented and developed by Douglas Engelbart, with the assistance of Bill English, during the 1960's and was patented on November 17, 1970.
While creating the mouse, Douglas was working at the Stanford Research Institute, a think tank sponsored by Stanford University. The mouse was originally referred to as an "X-Y Position Indicator for a Display System" and was first used with the Xerox Alto computer system in 1973. Using the mouse, Douglas was able to demonstrate moving a mouse cursor on the Alto computer in The Mother of All Demos. However, because of its lack of success, the first widely used mouse is the mouse found on the Apple Lisa computer.
The first computer mouse
The pictures below are an example of what the first computer mouse. As you can see in the picture, the mouse was made of wood, was much larger than today's mouse, rectangular in size, and had a small button in the top right corner.
The first computer mouse, mouse for computer
Today, the mouse is still used on every desktop computer and has influenced other input devices such as the touchpad on a laptop computer and touch screens on smartphones and tablets.
Why is the computer mouse called a mouse?
With the cord coming out of the back of the mouse Douglas said the device reminded him of the rodent mouse and the name stuck. It's a lot easier to remember than a X-Y Position Indicator for a Display System.
- A new Facebook feature helps US citizens to opt their next president (Tuesday, 01/11/2016 11:11)
- Top 12 mind-blowing facts about Apple MacBook (Wednesday, 26/10/2016 11:10)
- An amazing source of unknown Android facts – Tech facts (Tuesday, 18/10/2016 05:10)
- Samsung facts: Top 10 mind blowing facts you didn’t know before (Monday, 10/10/2016 11:10)
- Amazing Facts about Apple Will Make You Surprised (Saturday, 08/10/2016 11:10)
- Things you should know about Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone recall (Tuesday, 13/09/2016 11:09)
- Facebook algorithm posted fake 9 11, September 11 attack stories (Saturday, 10/09/2016 01:09)
- Withings Steel HR smart watch to launch heart rate sensor (Tuesday, 06/09/2016 09:09)
- How to clean computer and laptop screen - Technology and life hacks (Wednesday, 03/08/2016 02:08)
- How to check Windows version - What version of Windows do I have (Wednesday, 14/09/2016 09:09)