Who invented computer? First personal computer invented? Questions and answers
A computer is a general purpose device that can be programmed to carry out a set of arithmetic or logical operations automatically. Since a sequence of operations can be readily changed, the computer can solve more than one kind of problem. So who invented computer? What was the first personal computer invented? Just keep reading to find the answer and know more about who invented computers, first computer invented. Technology questions and answers.
Who invented computer? What was the first personal computer invented? Questions and answers
There is no easy answer to this question due to the many different classifications of computers. The first mechanical computer, created by Charles Babbage in 1822, doesn't really resemble what most would consider a computer today. Charles Babbage, an English mechanical engineer and polymath, originated the concept of a programmable computer. Considered the "father of the computer", he conceptualized and invented the first mechanical computer in the early 19th century. So the first computer resembling today's modern machines was the Analytical Engine, a device conceived and designed by British mathematician Charles Babbage between 1833 and 1871. Before Babbage came along, a "computer" was a person, someone who literally sat around all day, adding and subtracting numbers and entering the results into tables. The tables then appeared in books, so other people could use them to complete tasks, such as launching artillery shells accurately or calculating taxes.
Note: Early inventions which helped lead up to the computer, such as the abacus (invented by William Oughtred in 1622), calculator, and tablet machines, are not accounted for in this document.
The word "computer" was first used
The word "computer" was first recorded as being used in 1613 and originally was used to describe a human who performed calculations or computations. The definition of a computer remained the same until the end of the 19th century, when the industrial revolution gave rise to machines whose primary purpose was calculating.
The first personal computer
In 1975, Ed Roberts coined the term "personal computer" when he introduced the Altair 8800. Although the first personal computer is considered by many to be the KENBAK-1, which was first introduced for $750 in 1971. The computer relied on a series of switches for inputting data and output data by turning on and off a series of lights.
Altair 8800 Computer - First personal computer invented
- A new Facebook feature helps US citizens to opt their next president (Tuesday, 01/11/2016 11:11)
- Top 12 mind-blowing facts about Apple MacBook (Wednesday, 26/10/2016 11:10)
- An amazing source of unknown Android facts – Tech facts (Tuesday, 18/10/2016 05:10)
- Samsung facts: Top 10 mind blowing facts you didn’t know before (Monday, 10/10/2016 11:10)
- Amazing Facts about Apple Will Make You Surprised (Saturday, 08/10/2016 11:10)
- Things you should know about Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone recall (Tuesday, 13/09/2016 11:09)
- Facebook algorithm posted fake 9 11, September 11 attack stories (Saturday, 10/09/2016 01:09)
- Withings Steel HR smart watch to launch heart rate sensor (Tuesday, 06/09/2016 09:09)
- How to clean computer and laptop screen - Technology and life hacks (Wednesday, 03/08/2016 02:08)
- How to check Windows version - What version of Windows do I have (Wednesday, 14/09/2016 09:09)