Samsung facts: Top 10 mind blowing facts you didn’t know before
Samsung is one of the most powerful leaders in technology world. Although you have covered many of their tablet, smartphone or television, how well do you really know about this corporation? By this article, you are going to discover top 10 mind blowing Samsung facts you didn’t know before. So let’s dive in.
Samsung facts, mind blowing facts you didn’t know before
1. The meaningful name
"Samsung" means "three stars"
Almost everyone is familiar with the Samsung name but what does this mean? Samsung is derived from two Korean words, ‘Sam‘ that means ‘Three‘ and ‘Sung‘ that means ‘Stars‘, so it means ‘Three Stars‘ because the Founder of the company wanted to see this company as a big and powerful company just like a star.
2. First to jump into the smartphone game
Although Samsung may not be the first to make a smartphone by any means, they were one of the first players to truly get aggressive about the market and introduced the first “PDA phone” with a color display in the US market in 2001.
3. Samsung's construction division
Samsung's construction division built the Burj Khalifa
Not many of us know that Samsung's construction division built the Burj Khalifa at 2,722 feet, in the United Arab Emirates which is the tallest building in the world.
4. First watch phone
Samsung SPH-WP10 was first introduced and pioneered in 1999. This first watch phone not only allowed you to see time but also allowed to make calls for up to 90 minutes before battery depletion. What’s more, the screen has physical buttons and also followed human voice commands.
5. First CDMA phone
The very first CDAM phone
The Samsung SCH-100 was released back in 1996, making it the very first phone to utilize CDMA technology.
6. Samsung popularity
Samsung is made up of over 80 companies and has over 310,000 employees around the whole world. These companies vary from construction companies, financial services companies, ship building companies, electronic based companies and more. Samsung is more than just an electronics and mobile producer.
7. Samsung’s logo evolution
While the Samsung logo changed a few times prior to the 70s, after this, it pretty much stayed constant, changing only three times until the current logo was settled on in 1993.
8. Not only success in smartphone production
Samsung has been the top selling TV maker in the world for six straight years.
9. Including a number of industrial subsidiaries
Founded in 1938, Samsung actually has a number of industrial subsidiaries which include Samsung Heavy Industries, Samsung Engineering, Samsung Life Insurance and, of course Samsung Electronics, among others.
10. Heated rivals
Samsung's heated rival is Apple
No doubt, we all know the fact that Samsung's heated rival is Apple. Samsung controls 60% of the mobile device market in South Korea, compared with 14% for Apple. But Apple has more than 40% of the smartphone market in the U.S, while Samsung has 26%.
- A new Facebook feature helps US citizens to opt their next president (Tuesday, 01/11/2016 11:11)
- Top 12 mind-blowing facts about Apple MacBook (Wednesday, 26/10/2016 11:10)
- An amazing source of unknown Android facts – Tech facts (Tuesday, 18/10/2016 05:10)
- Amazing Facts about Apple Will Make You Surprised (Saturday, 08/10/2016 11:10)
- Things you should know about Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone recall (Tuesday, 13/09/2016 11:09)
- Facebook algorithm posted fake 9 11, September 11 attack stories (Saturday, 10/09/2016 01:09)
- Withings Steel HR smart watch to launch heart rate sensor (Tuesday, 06/09/2016 09:09)
- How to clean computer and laptop screen - Technology and life hacks (Wednesday, 03/08/2016 02:08)
- How to check Windows version - What version of Windows do I have (Wednesday, 14/09/2016 09:09)
- The Best Small Cruise Ship Lines You Might Not Know (Wednesday, 18/05/2016 05:05)