Amazing Facts about Apple Will Make You Surprised
Apple is a globle company behind the beloved high-tech products as iPhone, iPad Mac and more. Apple products get so much attention from customers. However, not everyone knows these amazing facts about Apple below. Check it out:
Amazing Apple facts
1. In early 2015, Apple became the first ever $700 billion company. More recently, Apple overtook Google as the most valuable brand in the world.
2. You might think of them only as fierce competitors, but Apple and Samsung have a different sort of relationship. Samsung actually manufactures the retina display on the Apple iPad and a portion of the memory chips used in the iPhone 6 (though Apple has cut back on its reliance on Samsung).
3. One of the original Apple computers sold for more than $387,000 in 2013.
4. Apple’s initial public offering was made on December 12, 1980. The company sold 4.6 million shares at a cost of $22 per share.
5. Apple used the capital from its initial public offering for the development of the Macintosh and Lisa.
6. The iPhone was almost named something else, with the company considering names such as Mobi, Telepod, and Tripod. The name “iPad” was also considered for its smartphone.
7. China is currently Apple’s second biggest market, trailing only the United States. Revenue in China grew to nearly $17 billion in the second quarter of 2015.
8. Despite the fact that he was the founder of the company, Steve Jobs was fired from Apple in 1985 at the tender age of 30.
9. Apple is pretty secretive. The Apple company is said to have created fake projects for employees and management to work on. If the news leaks, you can hit the road. They’ll know exactly who spilled the beans.
10. It cost $666.66 to build the first Apple computer. Despite the many conspiracy theories, it has not been proven that anybody at Apple worshipped the devil during production.
11. Apple CEO Tim Cook earned $9 million in 2014. A large number, for sure, but not when you consider that Apple is the most valuable company in the world.
12. The original Apple logo was designed by co-founder Ronald Wayne, who worked at Atari along with Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak, and is nothing like the one the company uses today.
13. Ronald Wayne, the forgotten Apple co-founder, sold his shares in the company in 1977 for $800. While he only owned 10 percent of the company at the time, in today’s world this would be worth tens of billions of dollars. He has noted that he does not regret this decision.
14. The revenue generated by Apple is more than the GDP of many countries, including Ecuador, Libya, and Iraq (among hundreds of others).
Constantly check our site to get more news about amazing facts about Apple, Apple stock price as well as other interesting facts of life.
- A new Facebook feature helps US citizens to opt their next president (Tuesday, 01/11/2016 11:11)
- Top 12 mind-blowing facts about Apple MacBook (Wednesday, 26/10/2016 11:10)
- An amazing source of unknown Android facts – Tech facts (Tuesday, 18/10/2016 05:10)
- Samsung facts: Top 10 mind blowing facts you didn’t know before (Monday, 10/10/2016 11:10)
- Things you should know about Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone recall (Tuesday, 13/09/2016 11:09)
- Facebook algorithm posted fake 9 11, September 11 attack stories (Saturday, 10/09/2016 01:09)
- Withings Steel HR smart watch to launch heart rate sensor (Tuesday, 06/09/2016 09:09)
- How to clean computer and laptop screen - Technology and life hacks (Wednesday, 03/08/2016 02:08)
- How to check Windows version - What version of Windows do I have (Wednesday, 14/09/2016 09:09)
- The Best Small Cruise Ship Lines You Might Not Know (Wednesday, 18/05/2016 05:05)