A new Facebook feature helps US citizens to opt their next president
Facebook is a social networking giant with a dozen of new and useful features. Recently, US Presidential election day is coming which draws attetion of people in the whole country. And Facebook continues to impress users with a new feature that can help US citizens to opt their next president.
Facebook new feature with election day
Facebook new feature can help to opt the next president
“Today, we’re introducing a new feature that shows you what’s on the ballot — from candidates to ballot initiatives,” Facebook said in a statement.
The new feature shows where the candidates stand on the issues before voters make their choice, but Facebook said that it don’t want to make any kind of interference with their choice.
“How you vote is a personal matter, and we’ve taken steps to make sure that you have utmost control over your plan,” it announced on Friday.
“After you make a selection, you have to choose who you want to be able to see it (“Only me” or “Friends”). For example, some people want to keep in private about their choice of president but they can share with friends their pick for a congressional race or a ballot initiative,” Facebook added.
On 8 November election day, Americans will decide who will deserve to become their next president or vice president and also vote for some new members of Congress, state governors, as well as state and local officials.
And as not all states in the US mail out sample ballots ahead of an election, this can make it difficult to find comprehensive information about the questions voters will be expected to consider when they walk into the voting booth.
“Thanks to data gathered from election officials by the nonpartisan Center for Technology and Civic Life (CTCL), we can present you with a preview of the ballot you’ll receive on November 8,” Facebook said.
With the new feature, you can preview the races and issues you will see on your ballot, learn more about the candidates and their positions, then email yourself your choices for later reference. Not only concentrate on things for entertainment, Facebook now also is a useful tool to support for social issues.
The feature presents candidates in random order. Users can view their issue positions (information candidates have provided about their policy positions), their endorsements, recent posts and their website.
“You can also add a candidate to your favorites to create your plan to bring with you on Election Day,” it shared in a statement.
Mark your calendar or keep following our site factoflife.net to check out when Election day comes, you can also have a look at our long and rich source of science and technology news as Facebook, twitter, and some others.
- Top 12 mind-blowing facts about Apple MacBook (Wednesday, 26/10/2016 11:10)
- An amazing source of unknown Android facts – Tech facts (Tuesday, 18/10/2016 05:10)
- Samsung facts: Top 10 mind blowing facts you didn’t know before (Monday, 10/10/2016 11:10)
- Amazing Facts about Apple Will Make You Surprised (Saturday, 08/10/2016 11:10)
- Things you should know about Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone recall (Tuesday, 13/09/2016 11:09)
- Facebook algorithm posted fake 9 11, September 11 attack stories (Saturday, 10/09/2016 01:09)
- Withings Steel HR smart watch to launch heart rate sensor (Tuesday, 06/09/2016 09:09)
- How to clean computer and laptop screen - Technology and life hacks (Wednesday, 03/08/2016 02:08)
- How to check Windows version - What version of Windows do I have (Wednesday, 14/09/2016 09:09)
- The Best Small Cruise Ship Lines You Might Not Know (Wednesday, 18/05/2016 05:05)