Interesting Cristiano Ronaldo Facts - Sport Facts
Even if you are not football fan, you might know or hear the name of Cristiano Ronaldo. It means that he is so famous in the world not only in sport field. So, what do you know about Ronaldo? These Cristiano Ronaldo facts below might surprise you. Check it out!
1. Cristiano Ronaldo has scored a goal in every minute of a game over his career
Cristiano Ronaldo facts
When Ronaldo found the back of the net against rivals Atletico Madrid in the 7th minute earlier this year, it gave him an astonishing statistic that not even Lionel Messi can match. With that goal, Ronaldo has now scored in every minute of a 90 minute game. This fantastic stat proves how lethal Ronaldo is and how he is a threat at all times in a game. He has also scored over 20 goals in the 90th minute, making him a clutch, prolific and deadly scorer and one of the all time greats.
2. He can jump higher than the average NBA player
Ronaldo’s aerial ability is a key facet to his game, as his ability to soar above the tallest defenders and his upper body strength means that any cross into the box will cause problems for defenders. With a starting run up, the Portuguese star can reach 78 cm off the ground, an impressive 7 cm higher than the average NBA player. A high vertical leap is hugely important in basketball, with most players possessing a huge leap to grab rebounds, contest shots and attack the basket. If Ronaldo was about six inches taller, he may have had another sport that he could dominate.
3. He has less body fat than most supermadels
A vigorous workout regime and strict diet has kept Ronaldo in peak physical condition, leaving him with less body fat than most supermodels. A body fat ratio of 10% enables Ronaldo to run, jump and perform at a higher level than most on the pitch, and it will also ensure that he will be able to play at a high level for many years to come. His extraordinary fitness levels and low body fat may be why he is sometimes quick to remove his shirt after scoring goals or at the end of matches, putting everyone watching at home to shame.
4. He has his own fashion boutique
Ronaldo opened his very own fashion boutique in 2006 in his hometown, with a second opening in Lisbon in 2008. The brand name, “CR7” represents his initials and shirt number, and is a nickname he has developed over the years. The boutique sells clothes and accessories for both men and women, but the items available are not for everyone, with jeans with leather pockets, diamond-studded belts and patent buckled loafers being just a few of the flashy items available to those that want to dress like Ronaldo.
5. He was diagnosed with a racing heart at 15
Ronaldo is the one of the greatest athletes in the world and in terrific shape. This has not always been the case however, as at the age of 15 he was diagnosed with a racing heart. This caused him to have an irregular heart rate, which could have stopped him from playing and becoming the sensation that he is today. The problem was corrected through heart surgery which used a type of laser, and Ronaldo was back in training just a few days later.
6. His free kick speed is around 130 kmph
It has become a famous image in modern football; Ronaldo standing over the ball with a free kick from around 30 yards out. You can understand why those in the wall are nervously trying to cover any sensitive areas and why the keeper has to be on full alert, as his free kick speed is around 130 kmph, or 3.1 metres per second. This is over four times faster than Apollo 11’s launch speed, so if he gets it on target then there is a very good chance that it will smash into the back of the net and leave the keeper wondering what happened. He is able to reach these speeds thanks to his fantastic lower body strength, but also a brilliant technique which many players try to emulate.
7. He is named after U.S president Ronald Reagan
His full name is Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro, but is known to everyone else as just Cristiano Ronaldo. His father was a big fan of Ronald Reagan’s acting work, which is where the now world famous name “Ronaldo” came from. A few nicknames he has been given over his career include CR7, CR9 and Ronnie the Rocket.
8. He has no tattoos
You will find that a large percentage of professional athletes, and celebrities, have at least one tattoo. These often represent the challenges that they have gone through to reach their level of success, but Ronaldo is one of the few athletes that has no ink. This is particularly surprising seeing as he has gone through some tough times and is the greatest footballer on the planet, and the reason for this is because he regularly donates blood. In some countries, you have to wait up to a year after getting a tattoo to give blood, so Ronaldo remains ink free. He also has become a bone marrow donor.
9. He has his own museum in his honour
In 2013, Ronaldo opened his own museum in his hometown of Madeira. The museum contains all of his awards and trophies (over 150), with extra room available for future trophies, which he expects to win. The first piece on display is his first ever trophy which he won with his boyhood team, Andorinha, when he was just 8 years old. The museum is to share all of his success over the years with his fans, and I’m sure it does no harm for his ego either.
- World Series quick facts you had no idea about (Tuesday, 25/10/2016 02:10)
- A wide range of amazing swimming facts - Sport facts (Friday, 14/10/2016 02:10)
- Top 15 crazy but interesting facts on soccer, football history (Saturday, 08/10/2016 02:10)
- 2016 World Cup of Hockey and things you should know (Wednesday, 14/09/2016 10:09)
- Robbie Gould was released by the Chicago Bears after 166 games (Monday, 05/09/2016 04:09)
- Top 11 random interesting facts about Paralympics (Thursday, 25/08/2016 11:08)
- English Premier league 2015/16: Facts and figures of the season (Tuesday, 23/08/2016 10:08)
- English Premier League transfer facts: 5 things to know about Paul Pogba's... (Tuesday, 23/08/2016 09:08)
- Everything you need to know about Refugee Olympic Team and Athletes (Monday, 22/08/2016 09:08)
- Surprising fun facts and figures about Summer Olympics 2016 in Rio (Tuesday, 16/08/2016 09:08)