English Premier league 2015/16: Facts and figures of the season
English Premier league 2016/17 started just 2 weeks ago, and recently Manchester City has the first place on the table. Of course, there will be a lot of interesting and attractive happenings and movements of the League ahead. And now, we think it's the perfect time for us to look back to some of the most important facts and figures of the last season. Here we go!
- Leicester became the first first-time winners of the top-flight since Nottingham Forest in 1977/78. As of 15 May, Leicester have been top of the league for 147 days. In the previous this season, they had been top for just 13 days in total.
- Leicester have the lowest possession figure of any Premier League champion since 2006/07 (42.4 per cent).
- Wes Morgan became the third outfield player in Premier League history to play every minute of a title-winning season (after Gary Pallister in 1992/93 and John Terry in 2014/15).
- Jamie Vardy became the first Premier League player to score in 11 consecutive appearances in Premier League history.
- Sergio Aguero scored his 100th Premier League goal in the match versus Newcastle in April. Aguero reached this milestone in just 147 apps; only Alan Shearer (124 appearances) reached this landmark in fewer games.
Leicester City and the moment they celebrated winning the English Premier League 2015-2016 season
- Aguero became the first South American to score 100 goals in Premier League history. He also has now scored against 27 of the 29 different Premier League teams that he has faced in the competition.
- Mesut Ozil has created more chances (146) than any other player in a single Premier League season (since 03/04). Ozil recorded 19 assists this season - only Thierry Henry (20 in 2002/03) has recorded more in a Premier League season.
- Heurelho Gomes became the first goalkeeper in Premier League history to save a penalty twice in two separate Premier League games.
- Kane became the first English player to be top scorer in a Premier League season since Kevin Phillips in 1999/2000 season.
- West Brom's Jonathan Leko became the first player born in 1999 to make a Premier League appearance (16y 344d). He also became the first player from that year to assist a Premier League goal.
- Modou Barrow became the first Gambian to score a Premier League goal in March, meaning 95 different nationalities have now scored in the PL.
- Marcus Rashford was exactly the same age that Wayne Rooney was (18y 120d) when he scored his first Premier League brace, by scoring twice against Arsenal in February. This footballer also became the youngest to score in a Premier League Manchester derby (18y 141d).
- Wayne Rooney set a new Premier League record for goals at a single club in Premier League history (177), surpassing Asernal's Thierry Henry (175).
- Petr Cech set a Premier League record for goalkeeper clean sheets (now 178), surpassing David James' (169) in December.
- Against Arsenal in October, Manchester United conceded three goals in the first 20 minutes of a Premier League game for the first time.
- 2015/16 was the first Premier League season to see the opening goal be an own goal - Kyle Walker for Spurs against Manchester United.
- Tottenham lost fewer games this season (6) than they did in any previous top-flight campaign.
- Dele Alli has been involved in 19 Premier League goals, more than any other English midfielder in the division (nine goals, 10 assists).
- Romelu Lukaku was the fifth player to score 50 Premier League goals before the age of 23, following Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Lukaku has scored more goals (18) in a Premier League season than any other Everton player, overtaking the previous best tally set by Tony Cottee in 1993/94.
Hope that you find all of information above so interesting.
- Interesting Cristiano Ronaldo Facts - Sport Facts (Friday, 28/10/2016 02:10)
- World Series quick facts you had no idea about (Tuesday, 25/10/2016 02:10)
- A wide range of amazing swimming facts - Sport facts (Friday, 14/10/2016 02:10)
- Top 15 crazy but interesting facts on soccer, football history (Saturday, 08/10/2016 02:10)
- 2016 World Cup of Hockey and things you should know (Wednesday, 14/09/2016 10:09)
- Robbie Gould was released by the Chicago Bears after 166 games (Monday, 05/09/2016 04:09)
- Top 11 random interesting facts about Paralympics (Thursday, 25/08/2016 11:08)
- English Premier League transfer facts: 5 things to know about Paul Pogba's... (Tuesday, 23/08/2016 09:08)
- Everything you need to know about Refugee Olympic Team and Athletes (Monday, 22/08/2016 09:08)
- Surprising fun facts and figures about Summer Olympics 2016 in Rio (Tuesday, 16/08/2016 09:08)