A wide range of amazing swimming facts - Sport facts
Swimming is without a doubt one of the most popular sport activities. It’s good for losing weight, for reducing stress but can be harmful for shoulder. Much more other facts will be unveiled and make you amaze via this today article. Let’s enjoy a wide range of amazing swimming facts as below.
Top 10 swimming facts
amazing swimming facts
1. The first swimming stroke is dog paddle
Some people think swimming started when a person fell into the water and panicking, he started to swim in a way we call today dog paddle.
2. The oldest swimming stroke is Breaststroke
It is one of the most popular swimming strokes which is also the slowest stroke swum at the Olympics.
3. Over half of swimmers suffer from shoulder pain
There are various parts of their shoulder that can be injured from swimming stroke, their pain can be anything from a local pain near the shoulder joint, to a spreading pain that travels up their shoulder and neck or down into arm.
4. The odds of swimming in the Olympics are slim to none
On average 1850 swimmers will make it to the Olympic trials. Of those swimmers, nearly 50 of them will actually make the Olympic swim team.
5. Half of Americans cannot swim
According to a research, fifty-five percent of Americans can perform 5 basic swimming skills; 33 percent of African Americans report knowing the 5 core swimming skills; and men are more likely to report they know the 5 basic swimming skills.
6. The world’s oldest swimmer is 100 years old
In 2015, another world record was set. This one was set by Mieko Nagaoka, who is 90 years older than Tareq, from Japan. Nagaoka is the first centenarian to finish the 1500-meter freestyle swim.
7. Swimmers sweat in the pool
Swimmers lose just as much sweat in the pool as any other athlete loses on land. There is, however, not enough research to tell us how much sweat swimmers actually lose in the water.
8. Swimming is an ideal excersice for health
Water’s buoyancy make swimming the ideal exercise for physical therapy and rehabilitation or for anyone seeking a low-impact exercise.
9. Swimming is a good way to lose weight
This sport activity will stimulate your entire body and could lead to an increase in metabolism over time. If you are trying to lose weight, swim for at least twenty minutes three or four times each week.
10. Don’t swim for about an hour after eating
It really a fact that you shouldn't swim for about an hour after eating. This is primarily because your body is digesting your food and you may get a cramp during the time right after you eat. Allow your body to rest after eating and then go into the water.
- Interesting Cristiano Ronaldo Facts - Sport Facts (Friday, 28/10/2016 02:10)
- World Series quick facts you had no idea about (Tuesday, 25/10/2016 02:10)
- Top 15 crazy but interesting facts on soccer, football history (Saturday, 08/10/2016 02:10)
- 2016 World Cup of Hockey and things you should know (Wednesday, 14/09/2016 10:09)
- Robbie Gould was released by the Chicago Bears after 166 games (Monday, 05/09/2016 04:09)
- Top 11 random interesting facts about Paralympics (Thursday, 25/08/2016 11:08)
- English Premier league 2015/16: Facts and figures of the season (Tuesday, 23/08/2016 10:08)
- English Premier League transfer facts: 5 things to know about Paul Pogba's... (Tuesday, 23/08/2016 09:08)
- Everything you need to know about Refugee Olympic Team and Athletes (Monday, 22/08/2016 09:08)
- Surprising fun facts and figures about Summer Olympics 2016 in Rio (Tuesday, 16/08/2016 09:08)