Interesting Facts About Urine
Having many facts about urine making you surprise. It is not simply something defecating from human body you think but it is more than that. Check it right now:
It's 95% water
The rest is 2.5% urea and a 2.5% combination of salt, hormones, nutrients, and creatine. Over a lifetime, the kidneys will clean approximately one million gallons of water into pee.
Urine color can change.
What causes yellow curine? Blame that pink- or orange-ish tint on beets or carrots. And brown or red urine is cause for alarm: It can indicate kidney stones or liver damage. Another thing to consider? Certain drugs and foods rich in B vitamins can change the color, too.
Urine that smells isn't always a bad thing.
The average adult produces 6.3 cups of urine a day
The bladder can hold about 2.5 cups of urine at a time for up two to five hours. And you'll usually start to feel the urge to pee when your bladder has about a cup full.
Pee is good for the skin
A synthetic version of urea is often used in moisturizers because it softens skin and in higher doses can be used as an exfoliator. Urea can also treat athlete's foot.
You shouldn't drink your urine
If you happen to be lost in the desert without water, do not drink your urine. It's full of salt, which can actually make you more dehydrated instead of quenching your thirst.
As a man ages, the speed of his urine stream declines
An interesting about urine is that up until age 50, men pee faster than women. But then it starts to decline and women take the lead.
Cat urine glows under a black light
Actually, a black light can be used to detect many bodily fluids, but cat pee, in particular, lights up under the light. It contains phosphorus, which glows in the presence of oxygen, even when a black light isn't on.
The World Record for the longest pee is 508 seconds
That's almost 8.5 minutes.
- Amazing dementia facts you should know (Thursday, 24/11/2016 05:11)
- Amazing Blood Donation Facts (Wednesday, 23/11/2016 03:11)
- Amazing Unknown Facts about Zombies (Thursday, 17/11/2016 05:11)
- Why does caffeine keep awake? (Thursday, 17/11/2016 10:11)
- Why Are Summer Days Longer Than Winter Days? - Science Facts (Tuesday, 15/11/2016 05:11)
- How to get better sleep? - Tips for better sleep (Monday, 14/11/2016 05:11)
- Top Interesting Facts About Nail Polish (Saturday, 12/11/2016 05:11)
- How to reduce stress and anxiety? - Ways to reduce stress (Saturday, 12/11/2016 02:11)
- What causes stress? - Stress symptoms (Friday, 11/11/2016 05:11)
- Things You Didn’t Know About Lipstick - Lipstick Facts (Friday, 11/11/2016 02:11)