Fun Little-Known Facts about Balloons and Ballooning
Here are some fun, little-known facts about balloons. Check it out:
Qualatex latex balloons are made from 100% natural latex — not plastic. Our latex balloons are biodegradable, and decompose as fast as an oak leaf in your backyard!
Before toy balloons were invented people inflated pig bladders and animal intestines.
The first rubber balloon was made by Professor Michael Faraday in 1824, out of two sheets of rubber whose edges were pressed together.
Pioneer manufactures nearly one billion Qualatex latex balloons per year.
Hot air balloon was the balloon to make the first recorded manned flight. It was made by the Montgolfier brothers and launched on 21 November 1783.
The first gas balloon ended up destroyed by terrified villagers, after it landed, who didn’t know what it was.
The first use of a balloon for military purposes was like an observation point.
Solar balloons are a type of gas balloons that use air that is heated by the sun's radiation and in that way gain buoyancy. The first man to fly in a solar balloon was a Tracy Barnes on 1 May 1973.
The first living beings that flew in a balloon were a sheep called, a duck and a rooster. Sheep had a name Montauciel which means "Climb-to-the-sky".
Latex balloons are Earth-friendly! Rubber trees grow in rain forests. Latex harvesting discourages deforestation because latex-producing trees are left intact. A tree can produce latex for up to 40 years!
- Amazing dementia facts you should know (Thursday, 24/11/2016 05:11)
- Amazing Blood Donation Facts (Wednesday, 23/11/2016 03:11)
- Amazing Unknown Facts about Zombies (Thursday, 17/11/2016 05:11)
- Interesting Facts About Urine (Thursday, 17/11/2016 03:11)
- Why does caffeine keep awake? (Thursday, 17/11/2016 10:11)
- Why Are Summer Days Longer Than Winter Days? - Science Facts (Tuesday, 15/11/2016 05:11)
- How to get better sleep? - Tips for better sleep (Monday, 14/11/2016 05:11)
- Top Interesting Facts About Nail Polish (Saturday, 12/11/2016 05:11)
- How to reduce stress and anxiety? - Ways to reduce stress (Saturday, 12/11/2016 02:11)
- What causes stress? - Stress symptoms (Friday, 11/11/2016 05:11)