Top 12 interesting Paris facts, capital city of France facts
Wondering what’s interesting in Paris? Want to make a list of funny facts on capital city of France? Let’s start with our top 12 interesting Paris facts which are bound to challenge your knowledge.
Interesting Paris facts, capital city of France facts
1. Open terraces
If you were to spend each day of your life in Paris visiting a different open terrace (of a bar, cafe, or restaurant), then it would take you 29.8 years to see all places (and who knows how many new ones will open in that time!). Cause there are 9,057 of them.
2. Birthplace of Paris
Not many of us know the fact that Île de la Cité is the birthplace of Paris. When you’re wandering around the Île de la Cité admiring Notre-Dame Cathedral or crossing Pont Neuf, take a look around and try to imagine what it must have been like in 53 BC when Roman troops first joined the Celtic settlers living on the tiny island.
3. Plaster of Paris
Plaster of Paris, used to make a cast if you break a bone, was invented in Paris. It comes from a powdered rock called gypsum and sculptors such as Auguste Rodin used the powder, which was plentiful in the hills around Paris, mixed with water, to create miniature sculptures before casting their masterpieces in bronze.
4. Only one stop sign
Only one stop sign in Paris
In the whole of Paris, there is only one stop sign, situated at the exit of a building company in the rich 16th arrondissement. The traffic system in Paris is mainly based on giving way to those coming from the right.
5. The most beautiful city in the world
The city is most preferred for light, love and culture. The city with the long list of beauty is at the heart of the France. The city is known for the latest fashion and gastronomy. When we think about Paris, Eiffel tower is the famous site that will strikes in our mind. Charming streets, romantic restaurants, cafes, the monumental squares, attracting structures helps the city become one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
6. More dogs than children
There are more dogs in Paris than there are children, around 300,000 dogs. Dogs are truly man’s best friends, but in Paris best friend is taken to a whole other level. In Paris, we all know that the Parisians are truly caring towards their pets, spending nearly half a million dollars just to make sure their dogs are groomed and cared for.
7. Baguette’s world
Paris is baguette’s world
If you like baguettes then you're in the right city because there are 1,784 bakeries in Paris. It is considered as baguette’s world for this reason.
8. Longest street
The longest street in Paris is the rue Vaugirard in the 15th arrondissement. It is 4,360 meters long.
9. Shortest street
The shortest street of Paris is the rue des Degrés in the 2nd arrondissement. It is 6 meters long.
10. Paris plants
About 470,000 trees
All the trees in Paris are referenced and measured. And there are about 470,000 of them, they counted.
11. Paris Syndrome
Japanese tourists when visiting Paris sometimes have to be sent back to Japan because they suffer from extreme shock sometimes called “Paris Syndrome.” Because they were totally surprising for the reality of Paris not being the greatest place in the world.
12. Ghost stations
A lot of ghost station
There are approximately hundreds of ghost stations in Paris. Among them is the station Porte Molitor, built in 1923, that was originally intended to access the stadium at the Parc des Princes. Today, the tracks are used as a garage for the trains.
- Seven mind-blowing facts of Vietnam - Country facts (Monday, 24/10/2016 02:10)
- Which are the most beautiful cities in the world? (Thursday, 06/10/2016 11:10)
- An extensive range of places and things to enjoy in Ibiza (Friday, 16/09/2016 10:09)
- 8 Ibiza new fun facts - slightly different taste of island life (Thursday, 15/09/2016 04:09)
- The White House - President's house facts (Wednesday, 07/09/2016 06:09)
- Collection facts of National Park Service (Thursday, 01/09/2016 04:09)
- Why and when was the Taj Mahal built? Taj Mahal facts, information, architecture (Monday, 27/06/2016 11:06)
- Best Hawaiian islands to visit - Islands of Hawaii and Hawaii facts (Tuesday, 21/06/2016 11:06)
- What does Hawaii mean? How big is Hawaii? Hawaii climate and annexation (Wednesday, 15/06/2016 09:06)
- Interesting cool random Hong Kong facts (Tuesday, 31/05/2016 01:05)