Interesting cool random facts about America, USA, US
The United States of America (USA), commonly referred to as the United States (U.S.) or America, is a federal republic composed of 50 states, the federal district of Washington, D.C., five major territories, and various possessions. Let's check out our list of interesting, cool, random America, USA facts to know more about states of the US, population, economy, sports. Place, country facts
Interesting, cool, random Facts about America, USA
The United States of America is also called the USA, US, United States or sometimes America.
America map - Interesting America facts
On July 4, 1776, the Declaration of Independence was issued, establishing the United States of America.
The US is the 4th largest country in the world by land area and 3rd by population.
On February 25, 2013, the estimated population of the US was 315,568,000.
The US is a diverse country with a multicultural society.
The US has the world's largest economy.
The USA developed the first nuclear weapons, using them on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki near the end of World War 2.
The Mississippi and Missouri Rivers combine to form the longest river system in the US and the fourth longest in the world.
The tallest mountain the USA is Mt McKinley, located in the state of Alaska it reaches 20,320 ft (6,194 m) above sea level.
Alaska was purchased from Russia in 1867 and is the largest state in the US by land area.
Hawaii is the most recent of the 50 states in the US (joining in 1959) and is the only one made up entirely of islands.
Most of the world's tornadoes occur in the Midwest region of the US known as Tornado Alley.
The most populated city in the US, America, USA is New York City, followed by Los Angeles and Chicago.
New York city - Interesting random facts about USA, America, US
English is the most commonly spoken language in the US, followed by Spanish.
The first man to walk on the moon was American Neil Armstrong (July 21, 1969).
The US was the leading force behind the development of the Internet.
The US consumes more petroleum than any other country in the world.
The most popular team sports in the US are American football, baseball, basketball and ice hockey.
American football - Interesting random facts about America, US, USA
The current 50-star American flag was designed by a 17-year-old as a school project in 1958. He got a B-.
The Statue of Liberty was a gift from France in 1884.
The first public university in the US was the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Harvard was the first university in the US and was founded in 1636.
The US has no official language.
- Seven mind-blowing facts of Vietnam - Country facts (Monday, 24/10/2016 02:10)
- Top 12 interesting Paris facts, capital city of France facts (Thursday, 06/10/2016 02:10)
- Which are the most beautiful cities in the world? (Thursday, 06/10/2016 11:10)
- An extensive range of places and things to enjoy in Ibiza (Friday, 16/09/2016 10:09)
- 8 Ibiza new fun facts - slightly different taste of island life (Thursday, 15/09/2016 04:09)
- The White House - President's house facts (Wednesday, 07/09/2016 06:09)
- Collection facts of National Park Service (Thursday, 01/09/2016 04:09)
- Why and when was the Taj Mahal built? Taj Mahal facts, information, architecture (Monday, 27/06/2016 11:06)
- Best Hawaiian islands to visit - Islands of Hawaii and Hawaii facts (Tuesday, 21/06/2016 11:06)
- What does Hawaii mean? How big is Hawaii? Hawaii climate and annexation (Wednesday, 15/06/2016 09:06)