Collection facts of National Park Service
We all know that since 1916, the National Park Service (NPS) has mission of caring for all US national parks, but that is all. How many of us know clearly about this organization? About its centennial is celebrating in 2016? This writing will bring you to an amazing world of facts about its name, mission, centennial and much more other awesome news.
Awesome facts on National Park Service
National Park Service logo
The National Park Service is an agency of the United States federal government that manages all U.S. national parks, many American national monuments, and other conservation and historical properties with various title designations
The National Park Service preserves unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. The Park Service cooperates with partners to extend the benefits of natural and cultural resource conservation and outdoor recreation throughout this country and the world.
Including volunteers and partners, they safeguard these special places and share stories with more than 275 million visitors every year.
As of 2008, about 21,989 employees of the NPS oversee 413 units, of which 59 are designated national parks
The NPS budget is rolledup into the budget for the Department of the Interior and then with the rest of the Executive Branch and submitted to Congress for its review and approval. As of 2016, the National Park Service has an annual budget of about $3 billion and an estimated $12 billion maintenance backlog.
#5. National parks
Since its inception in 1916, the National Park Service has managed each of the United States' national parks, which have grown in number over the years to 59.
National Park Service Centennial
This year, in 2016, the National Park Service is celebrating its 100th anniversary. And it just so happens Wyoming is home to the very first National Park: Yellowstone. Yellowstone National Park and its partners will host a very special Centennial event to kick off the second century of the National Park Service, highlight the importance of public as well as private partnerships, and recognize the completion of the Gardiner Gateway Project.
- Seven mind-blowing facts of Vietnam - Country facts (Monday, 24/10/2016 02:10)
- Top 12 interesting Paris facts, capital city of France facts (Thursday, 06/10/2016 02:10)
- Which are the most beautiful cities in the world? (Thursday, 06/10/2016 11:10)
- An extensive range of places and things to enjoy in Ibiza (Friday, 16/09/2016 10:09)
- 8 Ibiza new fun facts - slightly different taste of island life (Thursday, 15/09/2016 04:09)
- The White House - President's house facts (Wednesday, 07/09/2016 06:09)
- Why and when was the Taj Mahal built? Taj Mahal facts, information, architecture (Monday, 27/06/2016 11:06)
- Best Hawaiian islands to visit - Islands of Hawaii and Hawaii facts (Tuesday, 21/06/2016 11:06)
- What does Hawaii mean? How big is Hawaii? Hawaii climate and annexation (Wednesday, 15/06/2016 09:06)
- Interesting cool random Hong Kong facts (Tuesday, 31/05/2016 01:05)