Bizarre Interesting Facts About North Korea
Get interesting North Korea facts as well as interesting facts about North Korean economy, North Korean government, North Korea news, North Korea news today.
Only military and government officials can own motor vehicles.
North Korea has 28 state-approved haircuts: 18 for women and 10 for men.
North Korea spent about one third of its national income on the military, according to a 2011 report from the South Korean government.
Blue jeans are illegal in North Korea because they're considered a symbol of American imperialism.
Electric power largely shuts down at night, and the homes that have electricity often receive only a few hours per day.
North Korea scored a goal against Brazil in the 2010 World Cup. This is one of the interesting North Korea facts.
Annual GDP per capita is about $1,800, which ranks 197th in the world, according to the CIA World Factbook. The GDP is 18 times higher in South Korea.
The number of people available for military service in North Korea is 2.5 times the population of Norway.
Every home and business in North Korea has a radio tuned to a government-controlled frequency that can't be turned off, only turned down.
Schoolchildren provide their own desks and chairs, and money to pay for heat. Some students are forced to produce goods for the government. Some parents keep their children home by bribing teachers to keep quiet.
Check out for more interesting bizzare facts about North Korea, North Korean economy, North Korean government, North Korea news, North Korea news today.
- Seven mind-blowing facts of Vietnam - Country facts (Monday, 24/10/2016 02:10)
- Top 12 interesting Paris facts, capital city of France facts (Thursday, 06/10/2016 02:10)
- Which are the most beautiful cities in the world? (Thursday, 06/10/2016 11:10)
- An extensive range of places and things to enjoy in Ibiza (Friday, 16/09/2016 10:09)
- 8 Ibiza new fun facts - slightly different taste of island life (Thursday, 15/09/2016 04:09)
- The White House - President's house facts (Wednesday, 07/09/2016 06:09)
- Collection facts of National Park Service (Thursday, 01/09/2016 04:09)
- Why and when was the Taj Mahal built? Taj Mahal facts, information, architecture (Monday, 27/06/2016 11:06)
- Best Hawaiian islands to visit - Islands of Hawaii and Hawaii facts (Tuesday, 21/06/2016 11:06)
- What does Hawaii mean? How big is Hawaii? Hawaii climate and annexation (Wednesday, 15/06/2016 09:06)