Louisiana flooding - The worst natural disaster
In August 2016, prolonged rainfall in southern parts of the U.S. state of Louisiana resulted in catastrophic flooding that submerged thousands of houses and businesses. The devastating flooding in Louisiana is the worst natural disaster to hit the U.S. since Superstorm Sandy four years ago. A lot of information about flood has been reported to those whose are a keen on environmental news.
Louisiana flooding and updated news about the flood
We all know the fact that federal assistance alone is not going to be enough to make people’s lives whole again, so the government are calling every American to do what you can to help get families and businesses back on their feet.
Because of the large number of homeowners that were affected, they are not only in need of money support but also volunteers' helping. Buresh expects that up to 75 volunteers will sign up to assist All Hands Volunteers in Louisiana. Volunteers already there have come from as far away as the United Kingdom.
During this extremely difficult time, many local families have been affected. Thanks for the help of volunteers, thousands of people and animals have been rescued from Louisiana flooding.
Many of the homeowners who live in areas inundated with floodwaters have no flood insurance, a problem that will leave them draining savings accounts and relying on federal disaster programs to rebuild and repair.
Hoping everything will be fine. See more updated news about nature here
- Unknown cloud facts for kids (Thursday, 24/11/2016 03:11)
- Interesting Facts About Diamonds You Might Not Know (Wednesday, 23/11/2016 05:11)
- Where Is The Coldest Place on Earth? (Tuesday, 08/11/2016 02:11)
- The Most Creative and Unique Halloween Costumes for This Halloween (Tuesday, 25/10/2016 03:10)
- 6 of the most mysterious and beautiful natural phenomena ever (Thursday, 20/10/2016 03:10)
- Carbon dioxide levels (CO2 levels) now above 400 ppm (Friday, 30/09/2016 10:09)
- How did NASA explain about Harvest Moon from the view of Science? (Saturday, 17/09/2016 04:09)
- Louisiana flooding latest news - People loss and economy damages (Tuesday, 23/08/2016 09:08)
- What was the Dust Bowl? What caused the Dust Bowl? Dust Bowl facts (Friday, 27/05/2016 04:05)
- Can elephants jump? Can elephants swim? Fun facts about elephants (Thursday, 09/06/2016 08:06)