How did NASA explain about Harvest Moon from the view of Science?
Although the Northern Hemisphere’s full Harvest Moon has passed, this underwhelming event still draws many people attraction and becomes hot topic in many discussions. But what is A Harvest Moon? How many of us can give answer for this question? If you can't, just keep reading to see how NASA explains the natural phenomenon from the view of Science via an amazing video.
The full moon known as this year's Harvest Moon appeared last night (Sept.16) and was shaded by a subtle type of lunar eclipse for some skywatchers in Africa, Asia and Australia.
The Harvest Moon (as with all full moons) officially turns full when it reaches the spot in the sky opposite to (180 degrees from) the sun. In 2016, the Harvest Moon's moment will occur last night at 3:05 p.m. EDT (12:05 p.m. PDT).
The Northern Hemisphere’s full Harvest Moon now has passed. Now the moon is in a waning gibbous phase, which means it rises in the east later and later each evening. Tomorrow morning – September 18, 2016 – and for a few mornings after that, look west after sunrise for the daytime moon. Then you’d look look in the west after sunrise tomorrow, or in the next few mornings, to see the daytime moon over your western horizon.
In a nutshell, this amazing nature event - Harvest Moon (or full moon) was clearly explained by NASA. You can also check out for other similar interesting science facts, amazing facts on nature and much more
- Unknown cloud facts for kids (Thursday, 24/11/2016 03:11)
- Interesting Facts About Diamonds You Might Not Know (Wednesday, 23/11/2016 05:11)
- Where Is The Coldest Place on Earth? (Tuesday, 08/11/2016 02:11)
- The Most Creative and Unique Halloween Costumes for This Halloween (Tuesday, 25/10/2016 03:10)
- 6 of the most mysterious and beautiful natural phenomena ever (Thursday, 20/10/2016 03:10)
- Carbon dioxide levels (CO2 levels) now above 400 ppm (Friday, 30/09/2016 10:09)
- Louisiana flooding - The worst natural disaster (Friday, 26/08/2016 05:08)
- Louisiana flooding latest news - People loss and economy damages (Tuesday, 23/08/2016 09:08)
- What was the Dust Bowl? What caused the Dust Bowl? Dust Bowl facts (Friday, 27/05/2016 04:05)
- Can elephants jump? Can elephants swim? Fun facts about elephants (Thursday, 09/06/2016 08:06)