Nine of the weirdest phobias that really exist
It's really hard to believe the nine weirdest phobias exist, but they do. As well as we had no idea that many people fear of flowers, the Pope, happiness but they're for real. It seems to be very common with us, but the worst fears come alive with people who suffer from these phobias.
1. Cherophobia - Fear of happiness
Cherophobia - Fear of happiness
It's hard to believe but there exist a weird phobia called Cherophobia. It is the fear of gaiety, happiness, joyfulness or rejoicing. If you have a friend who is suffering from it, you should not try to make her smile or happy.
2. Trypophobia - Fear of holes
Trypophobia - Fear of holes
Imagine having the fear of the holes! Those who suffer from this phobia have a fear of small holes, and usually associate these with danger. With them, it's disgusting to see anything with small holes, they could get nausea or full-blown panic attacks!
3. Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia - Fear of long words
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia - Fear of long words
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia might be one of the weirdest phobias ever! Ideally, this phobia wouldn't matter much to people who don't have to deal with long words in their daily routine. But if you aspire to be a spelling bee champ, god save you!
4. Papaphobia - Fear of the pope
Papaphobia - Fear of the pope
With people who suffer from Papaphobia, nothing could be awful than seeing the pope. The phobia may be related to the fear of saints or holy men. So if you suffer from it, you definitely can't visit the Vatican City!
5. Somniphobia - Fear of falling asleep
Somniphobia - Fear of falling asleep
This might be the weirdest of the lot, but some people actually fear of falling asleep! Many people just can't do without their regular eight hours a night, sufferers of this phobia may associate going to bed with dying, or losing time while asleep, or may fear lack of control. It can drive them crazy!
6. Globophobia - Fear of balloons popping
Globophobia - Fear of balloons popping
It's rather shocking to know that some people fear of balloons popping. We had no idea that many people fear balloons in general and the sound made when a balloon is popped. So, how can they arrange a birthday party for your own and their kids?
7. Geniophobia - Fear of chins
Geniophobia - Fear of chins
Believe or not, this phobia is for real! Simply put, those who suffer from this phobia cannot even interact or look at people whose chins they, well, don't like although it may be considered as a part of human body.
8. Anthophobia - Fear of flowers
Anthophobia - Fear of flowers
Most of us love to enjoy the beauty of flowers, except sufferers of Anthophobia who considered that flowers are their worst fears come alive! People who suffer from this phobia have a fear of flowers or even of their petals or stems, even though they know that flowers pose no danger to them whatsoever!
9. Sanguivoriphobia - Fear of vampires
Sanguivoriphobia - Fear of vampires
Now Sanguivoriphobia may be considered as the most common phobia until now. People with this phobia have a fear of vampires and blood eaters. In fact, the word literally translates to 'fear of blood eaters'. But the uncommon thing is, those people take vampires to be real.
- How to save money on life insurance? (Thursday, 22/12/2016 03:12)
- Let's protect your family with life insurance (Wednesday, 21/12/2016 05:12)
- International Life Insurance for Expatriates (Tuesday, 20/12/2016 03:12)
- What Is the Oldest Age To Buy Life Insurance? (Friday, 16/12/2016 04:12)
- Think about life insurance sooner rather than later (Thursday, 15/12/2016 02:12)
- 7 things you need to know about term life insurance (Tuesday, 13/12/2016 10:12)
- Things you need to know about whole life insurance (Saturday, 10/12/2016 02:12)
- What is the difference between term and whole life insurance? (Friday, 09/12/2016 01:12)
- What are the different levels of term life insurance policies? (Thursday, 08/12/2016 02:12)
- Ways to Choose the Right Type of Life Insurance (Wednesday, 07/12/2016 02:12)