Best collection of Duke Nukem 3D facts you had know idea about
Duke Nukem 3D is known as the king of shooter video game developed by 3D Realms. Although has been released over the past 20 years, the game still attracts players attention. And it is the time for the best collection of Duke Nukem 3D facts you had know idea about.
Collection of Duke Nukem 3D facts
Duke nukem 3d facts
- Duke Nukem 3D was released January 29 1996, developed by 3D realms.
- This was the third game in the Duke Nukem series, the previous 2 were 2D platform games.
- In the Nintendo 64 version most of the sexual references were removed. For example, the dancing girls are wearing a lot of clothes and the porn shop is changed to a comic shop.
- The character is a homeage to 80s/90s action heroes, like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallon.
- Believe or not, but the fact is that it was the first game to feature working mirrors.
- 3D Realms managed it with 8 people (13 at the most when the team was really stretched), and a budget of $300,000. Even factoring in inflation, that’s a paltry budget for a game that revolutionary.
- 3D Realms originally envisaged it as a first-person side-scroller.
- To this day, the famous voice behind Duke Nukem’s famously iffy one-liners – Jon St. John – considers the character the defining role of his career.
- Duke was something of a catchphrase thief. His famous saying “kicking ass and chewing bubblegum” and “hail to the king”come from the horror films They Live (1988) and Army of Darkness (1992), respectively.
- In the chapter "site 3", one of the stone tablets represents the cover of the original doom
- In the Mac version of the video game, typing in DN1984 on the first level will print
- In level 2-8, Lunar Apocalypse-Lunar Reactor, there is a reference to Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. You can find a dead Luke Skywalker hanging upside down at the back of a cavern
- 10 of the most amazing game facts that will astonish you (Wednesday, 12/10/2016 02:10)
- Top 7 interesting facts you should know on Gear of War 4 (Monday, 03/10/2016 11:10)
- Interesting facts about Pokémon Go Gotta Catch 'Em All (Wednesday, 10/08/2016 11:08)
- Interesting cool random facts about Nintendo (Monday, 23/05/2016 04:05)
- Brain training exercise games and their benefits - Do they really work? (Monday, 23/05/2016 03:05)
- Top 13 cool Pokémon facts you might still not know (Monday, 16/05/2016 05:05)
- Interesting funny random Minecraft sandbox video game facts (Monday, 09/05/2016 05:05)
- Interesting video game facts you probably didn't know (Wednesday, 20/04/2016 04:04)
- Healthy Facts: The Benefits of Playing game (Thursday, 24/03/2016 04:03)
Most Viewed TOP Vote