Yogurt nutrition and health benefits - Food and health facts
Yogurt, yoghurt, or yoghourt is a food produced by bacterial fermentation of milk. The bacteria used to make yogurt are known as yogurt cultures. Fermentation of lactose by these bacteria produces lactic acid, which acts on milk protein to give yogurt its texture and characteristic tang. Yogurt is a favorite food of lots of people. It is often used during snacks time. Let's check out to know more about yogurt, about greek yogurt, frozen, coconut yogurt, probiotic yogurt, organic yogurt, yogurt nutrition, and health benefits of yogurt. Food facts
Yogurt nutrition facts
Yogurt nutrition facts
Benefits of yogurt
#1: Rich in vitamin
This food has high Vitamin content and a generous amount of potassium, Vitamin B5, zinc, Vitamin B12, iodine, phosphorus and riboflavin are found in yogurt. So while having that small cup of yogurt, you are also improving body’s immune system.
#2: Get those flat abs
If you have 18 ounces of yogurt daily then you can actually drop a jeans size and it is a proven fact. Rather than skipping snack, have a cup of yogurt and benefit yourself by burning fats with the help of amino acid present in yogurt.
#3: Makes you feel fuller
When you have yogurt it makes you feel fuller thus stopping you from munching on unhealthy snacks like wafers or chocolates or cookies. Protein rich food like yogurt not only keeps you full but it also helps you in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and eating habit.
#4: Helps in lowering blood pressure
High content of potassium present in yogurt helps in lowering the blood pressure. If you lack calcium in your body then you are tend to get high blood pressure but as yogurt carries a good amount of calcium therefore you do not run the risk of getting high blood pressure.
#5: Helps in digestion
The yogurt has good bacteria called the probiotics which can help you with certain gastro-intestinal conditions like diarrhea, constipation and some bowel problems. So, next time you have diarrhea don’t shy away from yogurt.
#6: As good as meat
If you are having 6 ounce of yogurt it will provide you with 10 grams of protein which is equal to 3 ounce of meat servings. So you see the protein level is also high in yogurt and it is filled with all the good nutrients. Apart from all the nutritional value it is also tasty enough so you don’t have to eat some bland thing.
#7: Good thing to have after workout
As it is rich in protein therefore it makes for a good snack after having a rigorous workout. The amino acids with the help of protein provide enough nutrients to repair the muscles.
Yogurt nutrition and health benefits
#8: Decreases the risk of colon cancer
Having yogurt is highly beneficial because it will also help you with the calcium that assists in maintaining colon health thus decreasing the chances o getting colon cancer.
#9: Helps in healing intestinal infections
The content of Lactose is less and the lactase is more in yogurt therefore it is considered healing food for diarrhea. The intake of yogurt is presumed to be good when you are taking antibiotics as it helps in recovering swiftly
#10: Good for bones
The rich content of calcium and Vitamin D in yogurt helps in maintaining healthy bones.
- 10 surprising junk foods facts that will empower you to say no to (Tuesday, 11/10/2016 11:10)
- 10 wrong food combinations that can ruin your health (Wednesday, 12/10/2016 05:10)
- The best anti-aging foods that should be included in your diet (Saturday, 01/10/2016 12:10)
- A range of interesting facts on food and nutrition – Fun food facts (Wednesday, 28/09/2016 02:09)
- Zero calorie foods - Foods with no calories (Monday, 26/09/2016 03:09)
- Can sugar go bad? Does sugar go bad? Sugar facts - Food facts (Thursday, 30/06/2016 10:06)
- Can humans eat dog food or cat food? Health facts (Tuesday, 28/06/2016 09:06)
- India food culture - Indian dining etiquette, habits, table manners (Monday, 20/06/2016 11:06)
- Interesting Thailand Food and Thai Cuisine facts (Thursday, 16/06/2016 12:06)
- List of best dog food brands for puppies - Healthy puppy food (Wednesday, 08/06/2016 02:06)