Foods to avoid, foods not to eat too much - Instant noodles
Instant noodles are defined as a precooked and usually dried noodle block. It is sold with flavoring powder and/or seasoning oil, usually in a separate packet; though in the case of cup noodles the flavoring is often loose in the cup. Dried noodle blocks are cooked or soaked in boiling water; some instant noodle products are seal packed, these can be reheated or eaten straight from the packet. And the fact is that any doctor will tell you that instant noodles are nothing more than the very worst kind of junk food. It is one of foods not to eat, foods that you should never eat, foods to avoid. They are simply a fast-food that is accessed via your grocery store rather than a drive-thru window, and that fools people into thinking that they are eating relatively healthy food. But with little to offer nutritionally and the ability to do a lot of damage to your body’s systems over time, instant noodles have become the bane of nutritionists everywhere. Let's check out to find why instant noodles are one of foods that you should not eat too much
Why instant noodles are one of foods not to eat
#1. Low Nutritional Value.
Instant noodles are extremely low in nutritional content, offering virtually nothing in the way of vitamins, minerals or fiber.
#2. High Sodium Content.
These convenience foods are high in sodium, which can cause kidney damage and an increased chance of strokes.
#3. High in Carbs.
Instant noodles are also loaded with unhealthy carbohydrates that can lead to weight gain, diabetes and heart disease.
#4. Cups of Chemicals.
The plastic cups that instant noodles come in are made from dioxin and other substances that resemble human hormones and that can be leached into the soup when hot water is added.
#5. MSG Flavoring.
Instant noodle seasonings are full of MSG (monosodium glutamate) which is known to cause ill effects in many people, from a flushed, burning sensation in the head and chest to headaches and bodily pain.
#6. Harmful Ingredients.
Propylene glycol, one of the same ingredients used in antifreeze, is also approved for use in instant noodles, as an agent to help keep the noodles from drying out.
#7. Obesity and Bowel Issues.
Because of all the extra fat and water retention that instant noodles can bring on, they can be a major contributor to irregular bowel movements, which is capable of causing not only major discomfort, but a whole host of issues deep in your gut.
#8. Artificial Additives.
Noodles use a lot of artificial flavors and colorings, as well as a lot of preservatives, and all of these ingredients can wreak havoc on your metabolic system, making it very difficult to lose weight.
#9. Risk of Delayed Development.
When instant noodles are eaten regularly by children under the age of five, they can interfere with the body’s ability to absorb nutrients in the gastrointestinal tract. This denial of nutrients creates a risk of delayed physical or mental progress in the child.
Instant noodles and bad health effect
#10. Not Recommended for Pregnant Women.
There are reports out that eating a lot of instant noodles, especially early in your pregnancy, can inhibit the fetus’ ability to develop and lead to miscarriage. While this theory is still waiting for research to back it up, most doctors don’t recommend eating instant noodles regularly during pregnancy, simply for the fact that they are so lacking in nutrients.
- 10 surprising junk foods facts that will empower you to say no to (Tuesday, 11/10/2016 11:10)
- 10 wrong food combinations that can ruin your health (Wednesday, 12/10/2016 05:10)
- The best anti-aging foods that should be included in your diet (Saturday, 01/10/2016 12:10)
- A range of interesting facts on food and nutrition – Fun food facts (Wednesday, 28/09/2016 02:09)
- Zero calorie foods - Foods with no calories (Monday, 26/09/2016 03:09)
- Can sugar go bad? Does sugar go bad? Sugar facts - Food facts (Thursday, 30/06/2016 10:06)
- Can humans eat dog food or cat food? Health facts (Tuesday, 28/06/2016 09:06)
- India food culture - Indian dining etiquette, habits, table manners (Monday, 20/06/2016 11:06)
- Interesting Thailand Food and Thai Cuisine facts (Thursday, 16/06/2016 12:06)
- List of best dog food brands for puppies - Healthy puppy food (Wednesday, 08/06/2016 02:06)