10 surprising junk foods facts that will empower you to say no to
There is nothing news about unhealthy effects of junk foods. Everyone knows about it, however, it is still one of those temptations that is hard to say no to. In order to empower you to avoid eating the unhealthy foods, we roundup and give you top 10 surprising facts on junk foods that will amaze you. It is mainly about bad effects you need to know if you want to keep your body healthy. Let’s jump right in!
10 surprising junk foods facts
1. Remember that don’t let the salad in a doner kebab fool you. By eating just one doner kebab, you are consuming almost double a woman’s recommended daily fat intake in one go and slightly more than a man’s recommended daily fat intake.
3. A single donut will meet your maximum allowance for trans fats for the whole day. But the fact is, no one eats just one donut.
4. Before deciding to go McDonalds or other similars, remember that TBHQ (E319) is a petroleum-based ingredient, similar to lighter fluid, used as a preservative in McDonalds French fries. It has been linked to asthma; skin conditions and studies have also shown also cancer.
5. You know, a single can of Coca Cola has 10 teaspoons of sugar in it. If you drink a can of Coca Cola every day for a month, this is equal to almost a whole bag of sugar. This sugar is not only bad for your teeth but your body turns it into fat shortly after you’ve consumed it.
6. Coca Cola can be used as an all-purpose cleaner because as well as the above, it has a high amount of citric acid in it. Let’s imagine and face what this can do to your insides
7. Not many of us aware of the truth that the increase of junk food is directly related to the increase in obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, certain cancers, tooth decay, and other diseases.
8. If you’re looking for someone or something to blame for the junk food culture that exists today then blame your television. It’s a proven fact that nearly 80 percent of all food commercials that air on Saturday morning children shows are for junk food.
9. Raking in $23 billion annually, the United States’ candy market is the global leader in junk food sales. Surprisingly, candy sales have continued to increase despite concerns over junk food and obesity.
10. More than $2 billion in candy is sold for Halloween, more than any other holiday in America. It makes Halloween become the unhealthiest and “fattest” holiday.
- 10 wrong food combinations that can ruin your health (Wednesday, 12/10/2016 05:10)
- The best anti-aging foods that should be included in your diet (Saturday, 01/10/2016 12:10)
- A range of interesting facts on food and nutrition – Fun food facts (Wednesday, 28/09/2016 02:09)
- Zero calorie foods - Foods with no calories (Monday, 26/09/2016 03:09)
- Can sugar go bad? Does sugar go bad? Sugar facts - Food facts (Thursday, 30/06/2016 10:06)
- Can humans eat dog food or cat food? Health facts (Tuesday, 28/06/2016 09:06)
- India food culture - Indian dining etiquette, habits, table manners (Monday, 20/06/2016 11:06)
- Interesting Thailand Food and Thai Cuisine facts (Thursday, 16/06/2016 12:06)
- List of best dog food brands for puppies - Healthy puppy food (Wednesday, 08/06/2016 02:06)
- Top 20 mind blowing ice cream facts for fun (Tuesday, 31/05/2016 10:05)