Why You're the Worst is one of the best comedy series
You're the Worst is American single-camera comedy-drama series by Stephen Falk. It is one of FX shows and currently FXX. This comedy series have received lots of positive acclaims from audiences. So why this film is considered as one of the best comedy series. Let's check out to find out.
Why You are the Worst is one of the best TV shows?
You're the Worst follows Jimmy (Chris Geere), an English writer, and Gretchen (Aya Cash), who does PR for a rap group, as they find themselves in a relationship with each other, despite the fact that neither of them believes that they are relationship people. Meanwhile, Gretchen's best friend Lindsay (Kether Donohue) is dealing with growing up after a divorce, and Jimmy's friend/sort of servant Edgar (Desmin Borges) is a war vet just trying to live a normal life with his PTSD.
Last year, the show was brave enough to step away from some easy punchline opportunities in order to take a deep dive into depression. But in its third season, You are the Worst is going even deeper. Unlike most comedies, which are willing to let their characters walk around with undiagnosed narcissistic disorders. You’re the Worst is putting its characters into therapy.
Depression is not funny, and neither is PTSD, and neither are most divorces, but on You're the Worst, somehow that doesn't matter.
You're the Worst quotes
Depression, along with mental health in general, is an issue that a lot of people are incredibly sensitive about, and it's one that's so easy to get wrong. There's no easy fix, no real cure, and so many people deal on a daily basis with trying and failing to communicate the why and how of it to the people around them. Some sufferers feel they can talk about it openly, and others still struggle with the stigma that any mental health issues are something to be ashamed of a personality flaw, instead of a disease.
The challenge of portraying that well on the show, and of going deeper than the show had ever gone past the initial premise of two non-relationship people in a relationship was part of what attracted Falk to this storyline.
Check out to get more random interesting facts about different life aspects, from animals, humans, films to science, technology, etc.
- The most expensive movie ever made in the world (Monday, 14/11/2016 02:11)
- Things filmmakers should bear in mind - Filmmaking facts (Thursday, 27/10/2016 09:10)
- Top Amazing Interesting Anime Facts - Manga Facts (Wednesday, 26/10/2016 12:10)
- Doctor Strange movie three trailers and release date (Monday, 03/10/2016 05:10)
- The Lion King to return as a live-action movie (Thursday, 29/09/2016 10:09)
- Game of Thrones breaks record at the 68th Primetime Emmy Awards 2016 (Tuesday, 20/09/2016 10:09)
- 68th Primetime Emmy Awards 2016 winners and nominations (Monday, 19/09/2016 10:09)
- Fear The Walking Dead - Is there anything new? (Wednesday, 24/08/2016 10:08)
- What comic lovers don't like about Batman the Killing Joke movie (Friday, 19/08/2016 09:08)
- The Conjuring horror film true and real story (Wednesday, 25/05/2016 03:05)