The Conjuring horror film true and real story
The Conjuring is a 2013 American supernatural horror film directed by James Wan. The question is whether The Conjuring full movie is based on a true and real story or not? Just keep reading to find out the answer. Film facts
The Conjuring true and real story
The Conjuring poster boldly proclaims that it's "based on the true case files of the Warrens." So who are the Warrens, anyway? The real-life couple, Ed and Lorraine (played in the film by Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson), were American paranormal investigators that founded the New England Society for Psychic Research in 1952.
The Warrens' 10,000-plus career cases include the alleged haunting depicted in The Conjuring. In 1971, Roger and Carolyn Perron moved into a colonial farmhouse in Harrisville, R.I., with their five daughters, and quickly began experiencing what they described as both haunting and spiritual possessions. They invited the Warrens to the farmhouse to investigate. Over the nine years they lived in the house, the Perrons described spirits, both harmless and angry, that "stunk of rotting flesh" and routinely arrived at 5:15 a.m. to levitate their beds.
The Conjuring true real story
So how much of that is true? The real-life Perron family swears by their story, throwing their full weight behind the film and even appearing in some of The Conjuring marketing materials. "Because I was the youngest and the most vulnerable, I was approached more than anyone, and I actually had a relationship with that ghostly boy," said April Perron in a trailer promoting the film.
Of course, there are plenty of people who doubt the story. Steven Novella, the president of the New England Skeptical Society, told USA Today that "there is absolutely no reason to believe there is any legitimacy" to the Warrens' reports on the Perron haunting, or, for that matter, to any of the Warrens' cases.
The Conjuring "is a fair reflection of the chaos and danger we faced at the farm," countered Andrea Perron. "There are liberties taken and a few discrepancies, but overall, it is what it claims to be based on a true story, believe it or not." Watch Perron describe her experiences in more details here:
- Why two people decided to get Married at First Sight as other marriages failed (Wednesday, 08/02/2017 03:02)
- The most expensive movie ever made in the world (Monday, 14/11/2016 02:11)
- Things filmmakers should bear in mind - Filmmaking facts (Thursday, 27/10/2016 09:10)
- Top Amazing Interesting Anime Facts - Manga Facts (Wednesday, 26/10/2016 12:10)
- Doctor Strange movie three trailers and release date (Monday, 03/10/2016 05:10)
- The Lion King to return as a live-action movie (Thursday, 29/09/2016 10:09)
- Game of Thrones breaks record at the 68th Primetime Emmy Awards 2016 (Tuesday, 20/09/2016 10:09)
- 68th Primetime Emmy Awards 2016 winners and nominations (Monday, 19/09/2016 10:09)
- Why You're the Worst is one of the best comedy series (Thursday, 01/09/2016 11:09)
- Fear The Walking Dead - Is there anything new? (Wednesday, 24/08/2016 10:08)