Funny questions and answers: Why Superheroes like Batman, Superman wear underwear on the outside
The answer is revealed now! Funny pictures - Superhero underwear
Now, it should be noted here that the wrestlers, circus performers, and superheroes weren’t actually wearing underwear, but rather tight underwear-like shorts over their leggings. As superheroes are generally incredibly gifted athletically and perform amazing acrobatic stunts while crime fighting, it was natural enough for this style of dress to get adopted by the earliest superhero artists for their characters.
Two of the earliest major representations of this can be found in Flash Gordon (1934), which in turn was partially the inspiration for the garb of Superman (1938), with the principle difference being the colors of their uniforms and the fact that Superman had a cape (as far as I can find, the first major superhero to wear one).
Of course, if you still want to think of the superhero tight-shorts as underwear, given that Superman and others often wear their uniform under their normal clothes, it kind of makes sense.
- Why two people decided to get Married at First Sight as other marriages failed (Wednesday, 08/02/2017 03:02)
- The most expensive movie ever made in the world (Monday, 14/11/2016 02:11)
- Things filmmakers should bear in mind - Filmmaking facts (Thursday, 27/10/2016 09:10)
- Top Amazing Interesting Anime Facts - Manga Facts (Wednesday, 26/10/2016 12:10)
- Doctor Strange movie three trailers and release date (Monday, 03/10/2016 05:10)
- The Lion King to return as a live-action movie (Thursday, 29/09/2016 10:09)
- Game of Thrones breaks record at the 68th Primetime Emmy Awards 2016 (Tuesday, 20/09/2016 10:09)
- 68th Primetime Emmy Awards 2016 winners and nominations (Monday, 19/09/2016 10:09)
- Why You're the Worst is one of the best comedy series (Thursday, 01/09/2016 11:09)
- Fear The Walking Dead - Is there anything new? (Wednesday, 24/08/2016 10:08)