Questions and answers - What is in soy milk? Drink facts
It seems like health experts and nutritionists have been debating about dairy for years. We were always taught to drink our milk because it gave us stronger bones. Once people began to realize that there’s a more natural way to get your daily dose of calcium, milk was quickly forced under a microscope, exposing all its unhealthy, unnatural qualities. Needless to say, the milk-myth has been busted. Turns out, it’s not as healthy as we thought.
In order to find a suitable milk replacement, dairy lovers have been seeking the next best (and healthiest) alternative. As a result, soy milk is flying off of the shelves. So what is actually in soy milk, what about soy milk ingredients? Let's check out to find out the answer and know more about soy milk nutrition and health benefits. Drink facts
What is actually in soy milk?
Soy milk ingredients
If you’re debating on making the switch to soy milk, it’s important to be aware of its ingredients. If someone asked you what’s actually in soy milk, would you know the answer? You’re not alone if you don’t, but don’t worry we’re here to give you the 411 on soy milk.
First and foremost, soy milk is made from the liquid residue of cooked soybeans. Instead of pulling from multiple sources in our search to learn about ingredients, we thought it best to take one of the most well-known brands, Silk, and list the ingredients in their plain soy milk.
Silk Original Soy Milk includes filtered water, soybeans, cane sugar, Tricalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, vitamin A Palmitate, vitamin D2, vitamin B2 and B12, sea salt, natural flavor, and gellan gum.
As you can see, store-bought soy milk tends to contain more ingredients than it would standing alone. (This would literally be nothing but the residue of soy beans.) These “extra ingredients” are added to achieve a texture and taste similar to milk.
Overall, when you’re purchasing a pre-packaged brand, it’s a good idea to look at the ingredients. No matter what the product or brand may be, it’s better safe than sorry!
- The most popular coffees in the world - Best coffee (Thursday, 27/10/2016 01:10)
- Alcohol addiction: the abuse facts you should know about (Wednesday, 05/10/2016 04:10)
- How many types of Scotch whisky? (Wednesday, 31/08/2016 05:08)
- How to make latte coffee art - Smart life hacks (Thursday, 18/08/2016 11:08)
- Healthy drinks for dealing with depression (Tuesday, 31/05/2016 03:05)
- What is espresso? Italian espresso coffee facts (Tuesday, 31/05/2016 02:05)
- What is scotch? Scotch whisky, single malt scotch whiskey facts (Friday, 20/05/2016 12:05)
- Do kids really have to drink milk? Milk nutrition facts (Thursday, 19/05/2016 03:05)
- Sports drinks and water during your workout, which one is better? (Thursday, 19/05/2016 02:05)
- Interesting random energy drinks facts, brands, ingredients, side effects (Monday, 30/05/2016 03:05)