Interesting random Water facts for kids
Water (H2O) is a transparent fluid forming streams, lakes, oceans of the world. And of course, rain is the major constituent of the fluids. Safe, clean drinking water is also an important part to people as well as other lifeforms though it doesn't provide any calories or organic nutrients. So water filter, water purifier, purification is important too. Let's find out interesting random water facts for kids to know more about the importance of water resources as well as water conservation. Drink facts
Water facts for kids
Roughly 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water.
Water Facts For Kids
At birth, water accounts for approximately 80 percent of an infant’s body weight.
While the daily recommended amount of water is eight cups per day, not all of this water must be consumed in the liquid form. Nearly every food or drink item provides some water to the body.
Drinking too much water too quickly can lead to water intoxication. Water intoxication occurs when water dilutes the sodium level in the bloodstream and causes an imbalance of water in the brain.
3.4 million people died each year from water-related causes. Water pollution is widespread
Water intoxication is most likely to occur during periods of intense athletic performance.
A healthy person can drink about three gallons (48 cups) of water per day.
Much more fresh water is stored under the ground in aquifers than on the earth’s surface.
Of all the water on the earth, humans can used only about three tenths of a percent of this water. Such usable water is found in groundwater aquifers, rivers, and freshwater lakes.
The weight a person loses directly after intense physical activity is weight from water, not fat.
The earth is a closed system, similar to a terrarium, meaning that it rarely loses or gains extra matter. The same water that existed on the earth millions of years ago is still present today.
Pure water (solely hydrogen and oxygen atoms) has a neutral pH of 7, which is neither acidic nor basic.
Somewhere between 70 and 75 percent of the earth’s surface is covered with water.
Water on the earth surface - Water Facts
Water dissolves more substances than any other liquid. Wherever it travels, water carries chemicals, minerals, and nutrients with it.
The United States uses about 346,000 million gallons of fresh water every day.
Approximately 85 percent of U.S. residents receive their water from public water facilities. The remaining 15 percent supply their own water from private wells or other sources.
The average person in the United States uses anywhere from 80-100 gallons of water per day. Flushing the toilet actually takes up the largest amount of this water.
The United States uses nearly 80 percent of its water for irrigation and thermoelectric power.
By the time a person feels thirsty, his or her body has lost over 1 percent of its total water amount.
The total amount of water on the earth is about 326 million cubic miles of water.
Check out for more funny, random, interesting facts
- The most popular coffees in the world - Best coffee (Thursday, 27/10/2016 01:10)
- Alcohol addiction: the abuse facts you should know about (Wednesday, 05/10/2016 04:10)
- How many types of Scotch whisky? (Wednesday, 31/08/2016 05:08)
- How to make latte coffee art - Smart life hacks (Thursday, 18/08/2016 11:08)
- Questions and answers - What is in soy milk? Drink facts (Tuesday, 31/05/2016 03:05)
- Healthy drinks for dealing with depression (Tuesday, 31/05/2016 03:05)
- What is espresso? Italian espresso coffee facts (Tuesday, 31/05/2016 02:05)
- What is scotch? Scotch whisky, single malt scotch whiskey facts (Friday, 20/05/2016 12:05)
- Do kids really have to drink milk? Milk nutrition facts (Thursday, 19/05/2016 03:05)
- Sports drinks and water during your workout, which one is better? (Thursday, 19/05/2016 02:05)