Interesting Facts about Sugary Drinks
Everyday, we usually use much sugary drinks. So, how do you know about sugary drinks facts? Here we recommend some interesting facts about sugary drinks for you to understand deep about this familiar drink.
Sugary drinks, or sugar sweetened beverages, include all non-alcoholic water based beverages with added sugar such as non-diet soft drinks, energy drinks, fruit drinks, sports drinks and cordial.
Sugar sweetened beverages are high in kilojoules, leading to weight gain and obesity.
Obesity is a leading risk factor for type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and some cancers (including endometrial, oesophageal, renal, gallbladder, bowel and postmenopausal breast cancers).
Research has shown that consuming 340ml of sugary drink a day (which equates to less than one can) increases your risk of type 2 diabetes by 22% when compared to drinking one can a month or less.
American estimates show that consuming one can of soft drink per day could lead to a 6.75kg weight gain in one year (if these calories are added to a typical US diet and not offset by reduction in other energy sources).
Many drinks contain acid that harms your teeth, including regular and diet soft drinks, sports/energy drinks and fruit juices. Acid weakens tooth enamel which can lead to tooth decay. Tooth decay is the most prevalent disease in Australia.
Sugar sweetened beverages produce more acid when the sugar combines with bacteria in the mouth. Try drinking water instead – it has no acid, no sugar, no kiljoules and if you get it from the tap it's free.
Keep following to check more information about sugary drinks as well as soft drinks, sugar in drinks, sweet drinks, energy drinks, fruit drinks.
- The most popular coffees in the world - Best coffee (Thursday, 27/10/2016 01:10)
- Alcohol addiction: the abuse facts you should know about (Wednesday, 05/10/2016 04:10)
- How many types of Scotch whisky? (Wednesday, 31/08/2016 05:08)
- How to make latte coffee art - Smart life hacks (Thursday, 18/08/2016 11:08)
- Questions and answers - What is in soy milk? Drink facts (Tuesday, 31/05/2016 03:05)
- Healthy drinks for dealing with depression (Tuesday, 31/05/2016 03:05)
- What is espresso? Italian espresso coffee facts (Tuesday, 31/05/2016 02:05)
- What is scotch? Scotch whisky, single malt scotch whiskey facts (Friday, 20/05/2016 12:05)
- Do kids really have to drink milk? Milk nutrition facts (Thursday, 19/05/2016 03:05)
- Sports drinks and water during your workout, which one is better? (Thursday, 19/05/2016 02:05)