How many types of Scotch whisky?
Whisky, or whiskey is a distilled spirit produced from grain. This drink has a variety of types. Many people misunderstood when thinking that there are five different types of Scotch whisky ( whiskey). In fact, there are two basic types of Scotch: single malt and single grain scotch whisky and from which another three blends are made.
Types of Scotch whisky
There are two basic types of Scotch whisky:
- Single malt Scotch whisky means a Scotch whisky produced from only water and an individual distillery.
- Single grain Scotch whisky like Single Malt Scotches, Single Grain Scotches must be produced in only one distillery. The key difference between Single Malts and Single Grains are that Single Grains are made from cereal grains other than just malted barley. This can include corn, wheat or unmalted barley, just to name a few. Single Grains can contain some malted barley, but it must contain other grains as well in order to be considered a Single Grain Scotch whisky.
From the two above basic Scotch whisky, another three blends are made:
- Blended malt Scotch whisky means a blend of two or more single malt Scotch whiskies from different distilleries.
- Blended grain Scotch whisky means a blend of two or more single grain Scotch whiskies from different distilleries.
- Blended Scotch whisky means a blend of one or more single malt Scotch whiskies with one or more single grain Scotch whiskies.
- The most popular coffees in the world - Best coffee (Thursday, 27/10/2016 01:10)
- Alcohol addiction: the abuse facts you should know about (Wednesday, 05/10/2016 04:10)
- How to make latte coffee art - Smart life hacks (Thursday, 18/08/2016 11:08)
- Questions and answers - What is in soy milk? Drink facts (Tuesday, 31/05/2016 03:05)
- Healthy drinks for dealing with depression (Tuesday, 31/05/2016 03:05)
- What is espresso? Italian espresso coffee facts (Tuesday, 31/05/2016 02:05)
- What is scotch? Scotch whisky, single malt scotch whiskey facts (Friday, 20/05/2016 12:05)
- Do kids really have to drink milk? Milk nutrition facts (Thursday, 19/05/2016 03:05)
- Sports drinks and water during your workout, which one is better? (Thursday, 19/05/2016 02:05)
- Interesting random energy drinks facts, brands, ingredients, side effects (Monday, 30/05/2016 03:05)
Most Viewed TOP Vote