Interesting, fun, weird animal facts for kids
People have always wanted to know about the world of animals, about their process of evolution, their characteristics, behaviors, habitat, etc. And each animal has its own trait. So the best way to teach children about animals is to give them some interesting, and fun facts. Of course, they would really love to reading weird, fun, amazing, and interesting information about animals. Let’s grasp some facts below and tell your kids. We bet that these weird facts may even make you surprised. This list covers a wide range of facts about different animals including endangered animals.
Fun animal facts for kids
1. An endangered species is one whose numbers are just so small that it is at a high risk of extinction.
2. Gorillas can also catch human cold and some other kinds of illnesses.
3. Dogs own better eyesight than humans, though it’s not as colorful as ours.
4. A newborn Chinese water deer is so small that it can even held in the palm hand.
5. Some male songbirds may sing more than 2,000 times a day.
6. The chow is the only dog that doesn’t have a pink tongue.
7. The only mammal that can fly is the bat.
8. No bat can walk as their leg bones are so thin.
9. Fish and chicken are the two only animals that can be eaten before they are born or after they are dead.
10. There are a million ants in the world.
11. Alligators can live up to 100 years
12. During the WW II (World War II), Americans used to try to train bats to drop bombs.
13. Ants don’t have lungs. They also never sleep.
14. “Bucks” is used to call male rabbits, and “Does” is used for female ones.
15. There is a poisonous butterfly in Africa. This butterfly can even kill six cats with its poison.
16. Cows sleep standing up, however, they can only dream lying down.
17. Baby kangaroos are just about an inch long. This means that they are no bigger than a queen bee and a large water of bug.
18. An anteater is about 6 feet in length. However, its mouth is only an inch in width.
19. Flamingo can only eat when it keep its head upside down.
20. A single elephant tooth can weigh up to about 9 pounds.
Want to find out more interesting and fun facts about other animals, just click here!
- Interesting Facts about Doves - Dove Facts (Tuesday, 22/11/2016 05:11)
- Why do elephant have so big ears? (Monday, 07/11/2016 11:11)
- How Bees Make Honey - Honey Bee Facts (Saturday, 05/11/2016 04:11)
- Fun cockroach facts that can brighten your day (Friday, 04/11/2016 12:11)
- A dozen of funny penguin jokes worth laughing over (Monday, 21/11/2016 08:11)
- How different languages around the world write down the animal sounds? (Tuesday, 25/10/2016 10:10)
- Cute, funny pet pics and moments that will solften your heart (Wednesday, 19/10/2016 01:10)
- Awesome facts on a Penguin’s love life (Thursday, 13/10/2016 11:10)
- Cute Bunnies - Rabbits and highlight facts that you don’t know before (Friday, 30/09/2016 03:09)
- A wide range of weird but true interesting animal facts (Friday, 23/09/2016 05:09)